Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Of Ants and Magnifying Glasses


Change is so elusive. We live our lives day to day, many times without a reflective thought as to what we are doing. This is not that season for me. It seems like this is the season of the magnifying glass. You know what I mean. Just think ants on a hot day with a magnifying glass, no chance whatsoever. But this is also refining because this season has been drawing me towards God.

I have been chewing on this concept in reference to this season in my life:

The affections of ones's heart reveal the condition of one's life. Jesus said that the out of the overflow of his heart a man speaks and the secrets of his heart will be laid bare.

I keep finding myself here. This season has put a magnifying glass on me in which I have been questioning and understanding what exactly the affections of my heart are. Some of the overflow of my heart has been ugly - and much of the overflow has been a reassurance of who God is calling me to be.

1 comment:

Jordana said...

Hey Aaron. Thank you for your insights. I look forward to change as it simultaneously brings me anxiety.

I just started a blog myself-you should drop by and read it sometime, it's also about change.

Hugs, j