Friday, December 17, 2010

Shepards?


Ok...I have totally hit a wall this week in preparing for Sunday. I have been reading and searching through Luke 2 trying to find an angle on the story of the Birth of Jesus that captures the imagination and is creative and blah blah. Feeling a bit frustrated as I know there is a lot there to land on and at the same time not feeling like God has really put anything epic on my heart to share yet.

Yesterday I heard that the Shepards were probably not 20 something guys with nothing better to do than to hang out with sheep but rather they were probably more like 12-14 year olds and their Dad made them do this like a chore or something. Then last night at 9:45 when I was still driving some of the kids home from Jesus Party I started to have an epiphany. A little annoyed with the conversations happening in the car I started to listen a little closer to the 6 12-14 year old boys in my car ramble on and on about the most random things. He did this, she said that, he never saw it coming, ect. Then I made the connection that angels showed up to these clowns. I imagined these kids in a field watching sheep and shooting the bull with each other. Oh, crap! I think I just got my inspiration for what was happening.

No comments: