Wednesday, February 18, 2009

My life group friends!

Tonight I found out that you guys actually read this thing so I thought I would drop you a line.

You guys are awesome! Every night when Sarah and I drive home we talk about how amazing life group was. It is such an encouragement to be able to talk about and share life with all of you.

God is continuing to confront me with the fact that I really have very little control over others and really that the only thing I have control over is my free will to either submit to God and his will or to attempt to do it on my own, out of my own strength. However, it is such a relief to know that I dont have to carry that weight anymore because God wants to carry it.

He even reminds us how we are to posture ourselves in relationship to the burdens we try to carry in our own strength in Matthew 11:28-30.........

...Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Come take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For MY yoke is easy and MY burden is light.

To me the key word is MY...that is possesive language referring to the one who is saying it...MY refers to God not me. How cool that we can give up our burden and allow him to take it. What is really cool is that our tendency to take offense is a part of this burden he wants to take. It reminds me of how the guy in the video described God standing with his hands behind is back just waiting for us to allow him to defend us. But instead we so often try to defend ourselves against offenses and that disables God from carrying what only he is able to carry.

Life group is not enough, lets keep talking about this stuff. Shoot Sarah and I an email or give us a call. You guys are awsome!

No comments: