Friday, September 16, 2011

30 Mins Left to Blog Before You Die

I have 30 minutes left to blog before I die.  Well not actually...I have 30 minutes left until I have to go shopping which is equal to death in many ways for me. 

So the question is...If you only had 30 minutes left to blog or leave a message to the world what would you say to others.  It is a personal challenge to myself and whoever is reading this.  Sit down and set a timer for 30 minutes and when it stops, you stop, mid sentence, mid word.  Then post it here in a comment or email me or show no one.  I'm just curious to see what you might have to say. 

Here I go....

Life is not about climbing ladders or subjugation of others. There is an internal posture in life you can take in which you can have conflict and love, peace and poverty, joy and sorrow all at the same time. 
I am sure there are other things but the point is that our lives are lived in tension where we have to choice to fill in what is exposed by the traffic of life with embrace encouragement and seeing the best in others or we can fill in what is exposed by the traffic of life with judgement, contempt, bitterness, and  anger.  The choice is before us every day.  What will you fill in the gap with?

Start your day in quiet contemplation.  Don't rush to the first thing of the day.   There must be some sacred time that no one else can impede on between you and God.  Watch how he changes your perspective, attitude, and emotions when you start your day with Him.  Watch as he will open your eyes to what he is doing around you and the opportunities he is giving you to create and speak truth and beauty into people and the world. 

Seek the Holy Spirit.  The HS is the one who hears our cries.  It is out of our brokenness that we experience the love and grace of God.  But you must cry out to him to be filled with him.  This reminds me of my friend Eric who says that God is a gentleman, he won't force himself upon you.  You must ask for him.

Conflict is not your enemy.  Don't run from it.  Don't be shamed by it.  When it happens ask what it is exposing in you deep down.  Address that.  Ask God what is happening in the conflict that he wants to expose.  Ask the one who hears our cries to come and meet you in the conflict and to bring peace that passes all understanding with him.  No great story is told without great conflict.

Depth doesn't in life doesn't come from what you do...
It comes from who you have spent time with.  We see this in Jesus life that he spent his life living from a place with God to people.  Not the other way around.

Sometimes having to be RIGHT is the WRONG thing.  It is always interesting to see people who have positional power over another person, who in every way could crush the other person based on their office or position and who continually do so.  I always walking away thinking that, that person is actually very weak.  Strength is knowing you have the ability to crush someone, and not doing it because you don't need to prove yourself to anyone.  Even if you are cussing me out, threatening my family, you have no power over me.  You may even kill me, so be it, I know where I am going.  If I am not threatened by you I don't have to defend myself from you.  I am free to love you while you kill me.  I may be RIGHT and you may be WRONG, but what is right for me is to Love you in your wrongness while not having to assert my rightness.  Hopefully you get the idea, I only have 1 min 30 seconds left.

Love is the most disarming quality you can have that destroys walls and offenses.  If you seek to Love another before having to be right you will have won them over.  If you seek to be right first and love second you will have missed your opportunity to have loved.

Time is up.  Your turn. 






1 comment:

Jump in....both feet! said...

The reality of life truly lies in the eyes of our Lord and He has given us these precious eyes to look at others, deep into others hearts through our helper, counselor and best friend forever, Holy Spirit. To ask Jesus into our heart is easy and can never fully satisfy. We must seek to ask God to look inside His heart, here is where many questions, thoughts and fears can be answered. Here there is no fear because He is Love. Perfect loves casts it out. We must seek Him with our whole heart, mind, soul and strength. We must feel Him, hear Him, taste Him, smell Him, see Him. We must sense Him with ALL our senses to FULLY know Him. We must let Him know us, every subconcious and concious part of us. And only when we've laid down our pride and given Him our heart and mind is He able to give us His heart and mind. To love what He loves. To hate what He hates. To say this whole time I was away from You I was wrong, I knew nothing. To say help me to love as You. Help me. You are my helper, you are my friend. What do you say about me. Who am I? How close am I to you, how can I get closer? Give me a spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Christ Jesus. Reveal your Word to me. Hide it in my heart that I will never run away from you again but will always run to you. Hold me and keep me always. More of you, less of me. May I glorify You and worship You in Spirit and in Truth. There's my 30 or so minutes, give or take. -H