Sunday, January 17, 2010

Jesus in the Washer

Another Toby story for all of you who heard the last one... I.E. me. Blogs Ive decided are good for remembering things.

Toby was trying to climb into the dryer the other day and was caught by Sarah. She shouted, "Toby STOP! You don't climb in the dryer! You could get hurt and die and then we wouldn't get to see you for a long time. You would be in heaven with Jesus!" At this point the waterworks begin as Toby runs to Sarah for a hug.

The next morning as we are getting ready for church I round up Toby and Noah and we are eating breakfast at the table. Toby is chatting non-stop while Noah and I eat in silence content to focus on our food and listen to Toby tell stories. While we are eating Toby begins in on a story about Jesus and Noah talking so I asked him the question, "Toby, have you been talking to Jesus?" Toby's face gets very serious as he says emphatically, "No Daddy, me not be talking to Jesus. Me be see-in Jesus." Without smiling or laughing I replied, "You see Jesus? Where?" I looked all around the room. Toby replied, "Me go climb in the washer and me be see-in Jesus."

No comments: